This year’s Safety Week is May 7-11 2018, and Titan Formwork Systems takes immense pride in the safety of our ground-based shoring equipment. Our goal each time we begin a job is to help our clients safely achieve the highest quality results, and ensure every man and woman goes home in the same condition in which they arrive. Our unique system is designed to prevent falls, and lightweight to prevent strain and dropping. Because we aim to be leaders in shoring safety, each of our representatives are thoroughly trained in all updated OSHA and state safety requirements. To celebrate safety week, we compiled several tips from our representatives in the field to get your jobs done safely and efficiently:
- Wear gloves at all times to avoid hand injuries.
- Ensure the Drophead wedge is engaged with a light hammer tap prior to installation to avoid accidental disengagement.
- Keep the floors free from debris to ensure smooth movement of rolling Barella carts.
- Keep Barella carts close to the work area to avoid unnecessary equipment handling.
- Ensure bracing, safety catches and guardrails are completely installed prior to sheeting the deck.
- Utilize our 60” Guardrail post (42” industry standard) to improve fall hazard protection particularly when working near lower exterior beam soffits.